Friday, October 10, 2014

Making lots of earrings

I have been making earrings with gold plated (sometimes bright brass) findings. I have never used gold colored metal in my jewelry. But I'm game to try it and it really does stand out more brightly on me than silver. Since I am going for light and bright in my color choices I'm switching to gold and I am having fun in the process. Here are some of the new earrings.


I was able to change out the ear wires and split rings on a few but mostly I have just made new ones incorporating the shiny gold and replacing black, gray and harsh colors from old earrings that I have liked and worn. I am not sure what I'm going to do with the ton or earrings I have that I'm not going to wear anymore.

That also goes for the clothes that I have removed from my closet. Most are pretty nice clothes but make me looked drab and now I know why. I am not going to worry about that. I am having so much fun playing with clothes and jewelry now and it wasn't long ago that I really didn't.

I have sorted my fabric stash into colors that I want to use and piles that are most likely tops, jackets, skirts, pants or dresses. I have some gorgeous fabric that I have not sown because I didn't want to make something that didn't look good once it was done. I am now confident that I can make things I not only wear but love to wear. I have also picked out patterns that will be flattering styles and can be mixed and matched easily. This is so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment