Friday, October 3, 2014

Clearing away the stuff that doesn't work - getting ready for the stuff that does

Today, finally, I got my color cards for my Type 1 Energy Profile. I LOVE my colors. Actually, I was not very surprised by them. I had done an intuitive color chart with 1 inch cotton quilting color samples about 20 years ago based on the colors of my skin, eyes, veins, hair, etc. (and colors I just like) and came up with almost exactly the same colors. I checked them against the card and only had to remove a few.  It's nice to confirm that I do recognize the colors that look good on me. I also checked the samples that I didn't pick against the color card and it was very obvious that these are tints. There is a big difference between the hues and these selected tints. Light and bright is the key. I think I get it. Yeah!  This is sooo much fun.

So why do I have so much black and gray and grayed out colors in my closet?

Now the clearing process begins. I put three big loads of mostly black and gray clothes and a big laundry basket full of black and gray shoes, boots and belts in another room. There goes all of my dress up and work clothes in one fell swoop. Good thing I'm not working now or going anywhere that requires me to dress up anytime soon. I have arranged my tops (mostly pretty colored t-shirts  and cotton button up shirts from the thrift store) by color. I just don't have that many choices for bottoms right now. I live in jeans - light blue denim and 1 pair of light tan jeans.

I am in the process of losing a few pounds. I will then have some more blue denim jeans and some tan/khaki slacks that fit. If I continue to lose more pounds I will have even more to wear that I already own in colors, fabrics and styles that flatter me. But what I'm really excited about is making some things that are fun, pretty and flattering. I want to learn to make and buy pieces that go together and learn to put them together in attractive, fun outfits.

I have gone through my fabric stash and put away all the fabric in unflattering colors. The ones I left out are perfect. I also went through my patterns and picked out some I like that have design lines that should work. I went through my bead stash and sorted out my colors and arranged them so I can get to them easily. I have gotten a pretty complete selection of shiny gold (colored) findings so I can make some jewelry. 

I'm ready to go. I am excited to be moving in a positive direction with my appearance, one that engages so many of my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment