Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Figuring out my energy profile with Dressing Your Truth

While searching around on the internet for new ideas I ran across this program created by Carol Tuttle. It sounded interesting. She seems to be in touch with my understanding of the workings of the universe. (I bet she is familiar with Abraham Hicks teachings...seems likely.) Anyway I gave it a go since I don't seem to be able to get a handle on my personal image or style. I have now read two of her books "It's Just My Nature" and "Dressing Your Truth." I have joined her website program as a member and am waiting for my materials that are specific to my type to arrive - not too patiently I might add.

I HAVE decided which type I am, although it wasn't easy it should have been. All my reservations are normal for my type...LOL.  I am a Type 1 and I actually cried when I read the profile, it was SO me. Then I went on to think I could be any of them anyway. Now that I know that it is right, it just keeps making more sense.  You should see my house - no you shouldn't because you'd think I'm messy. I like the things that inspire me in sight and I don't like to clean. But once you get to know me, you'd see that it works for me. I should get a person to clean but I don't want them messing with my stuff. I collect rabbits - carved, stuffed, ceramic, on teapots, etc. (I have to like them - not just any old rabbit though - I am selective) I collect a lot of stuff: baskets, shells, white pitchers, carved alabaster, old lanterns, funnels and oil cans, small boxes, antique sewing and cooking tools...It's all inspirational.

I'm an artist - that means that I draw (seriously draw), I sew, make jewelry (metal, beads, polymer clay, fiber/kumihimo), do leather work. I was a weaving/jewelry-making double major in college. I also garden, have a greenhouse, and used to work in a commercial greenhouse - I'm a plant geek. I love to cook and bake, too.  I also worked as a typesetter and illustrator and did graphics at every job I ever worked at as well as freelance design and illustration. I have collected a massive library of books (many, many books) on all of these subjects. And I'm good at all of it. Ask anyone I know. I decided really early on that I didn't want to get tied down to one thing. I wanted to be able to do it all, whatever I got an idea to do. Although I have been told, and read, all my life that one should pick one area and get really good at it and build a name for yourself...blah, blah, blah...I am never going to do that. And now I know that's just who I am.

Lately, I have come to the point in life when I am getting asked to take on the leadership of various groups (not paid, of course) that I have belonged to. I don't say NO well - and it makes me really uncomfortable to have to do it. But I know it is a terrible idea to say 'yes'. I can do the job but I just don't want to. I want to be free to take the next idea and run with it. So often, I just leave to avoid the issue. This is good to know. I think this is a breakthrough for me. I am not only OK with this, I don't care if anyone else is or isn't. It's just who I am.

I am so excited about learning about the style of a Type 1 - Light and bright with lots of energy movement. I am very intuitive so it makes sense and I have caught snip-its of this but felt it wasn't serious enough for much of what I had to do. I have spent years (my office working years) living in neutrals, black and gray with an occasional shot of a bright color - too bright red, blue or green.  I mostly steered away from pastels since they were too childish or froufrou. I went through a romantic period with small print, gathered, cotton long skirts and high-collared, puffy sleeved blouses with lots of pin tucks and ruffles. Lately I live in washed out blue jeans and t-shirts.

I pretty much gave up on sewing cloths for myself because they just didn't work. I now know why. The fabric was the wrong color, texture or pattern and/or the style or fabrication was wrong. The pieces I created didn't work together well to create a whole image that was light and bright. I didn't have a plan or a clue where I was trying to go. Frankly, I didn't know what looked good on me. I could see when things didn't and that was almost all the time. You should see my closet. Again, maybe not. I don't have to completely start from scratch, but close.

I make a lot of jewelry. I love earrings (dangly earrings) and let myself wear them. I haven't given myself permission to wear much other jewelry. Occasionally I make a necklace to wear. And like the clothes, they don't really look great on (on me). Lately I'm making bracelets - since I gave up my watch. I have mostly worked with silver rather than gold colored metals. Ouch! Silver is not a good metal color for my Type. Initially I was concerned but I'm realizing that the silver is not as sparkly or bright. I am interested in playing with the gold.  I now know that necklaces should not be long or chunky - around 16" - 18" in length is my guess. I have always incorporated stars so that will be fun. Round beads and circles are good. Everything should be light and bright.

I am anxious to get started. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment